Even before it came out, people have been wondering how to jailbreak the iPhone 4S. In the case of the iPhone 4 jailbreak, that was easier to establish (it took months to jailbreak the iPhone 4s). Either way, both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s jailbreaks are available now. As a popular procedure done to devices that run the iOS, jailbreaking allows users more freedom and customization of their iDevices. This freedom allows more capabilities to be unlocked on the iOS platform, as well as maximizing the hardware capabilities of the devices that run the iOS. Some people jailbreak their iPhones as soon as they get them for these reasons.
Jailbreaking the iPhone 4/4S will allow you to customize the software and device to your own liking. Extended app capabilities, unlocked features, and more, will unlock the full potential that an iPhone 4/4s is capable of. Many people have often complained that the iPhone, and other iDevices, have too many features that are restricted even to people who have spent good money to purchase an iPhone 4/4S. With the jailbreak feature, paying customers will get their money’s worth.
What Is Jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking refers to the process of removing the imposed limitations by Apple on devices that run the iOS, including the new iPhone 4S. A custom kernel is uploaded into the device, which allows root access to the internal components of iDevices. These components include the operating system and hardware, should the person jailbreaking the device be skilled enough to do so.
Two kinds of jailbreaking can be done to an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and all other devices that run the iOS:
• Tethered Jailbreaking – A tethered jailbreak will require the device to be connected to a computer or laptop every time it boots up. This particular kind of jailbreaking is the most reliable as the kernel is updated each time it is plugged in.
• Untethered Jailbreak – This kind of jailbreak allows the device to boot up and power on without the assistance of a computer.
While jailbreaking an iPhone 4S/4 and other devices that run the iOS may void your warranty, it is not illegal to implement in the United States under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. It is easy enough to do by yourself, too, even if your proficiency with a computer and digital software is fairly minimal.
Why You Should Jailbreak Your iPhone 4S/4
Many people who have bought a device that runs on iOS often complain that many of its features are locked down. Customers who have spent money on such an expensive device often feel that it is unfair for companies to dictate what the customer should be allowed to do and what not to do with the device once they buy it.
The most common features people desire when jailbreaking their iPhone 4S and other Apple devices include:
• To remove the limit imposed by Apple on the App Store – There are many, fun, innovative and intuitive apps don’t always get past Apple’s app approval process. Activists for digital rights also feel that this approval process is a form of censorship, so the jailbreak process can also be seen as a form of protest.
• Lesser restrictions on customization – People with a knack for customization also choose to jailbreak their iPhone 4S to make their iPhone uniquely theirs. Custom icons for apps, user-defined fonts, and categorical systems for organizing files and apps, and many other forms of customization are made possible through the iPhone 4S jailbreak.
• Unlocking the phone for different carriers – The newer iPhone models have provisions to allow SIM cards to be used. With good jailbreak software, computer-savvy iPhone 4S owners can unlock their phones to different mobile carriers.
These features and more may help you get the most out of the iPhone 4S you paid so much for. To unlock these features, though, you will need the right software to do so.
The Best iPhone 4S/4 Jailbreak Software
There are many kinds of jailbreak software available for the iPhone 4/4S and other iOS devices available on the web today. However, some of them can be rather sloppily coded, leaving your iPhone 4/4S susceptible to viruses, worms, and crashes. It is important to pick a popular, well-known iPhone 4S jailbreak updater, as the most popular ones may have the best support.
1. Unlock Easy – This website offers the best iPhone 4/4S jailbreak software available. In addition to their software’s reliability, Your iPhone Unlocker also offers step-by-step instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4S. Should you run into any problems during and after installation, customer support is also available.
2. Automatic iPhone Unlocker – This particular jailbreaker only does a partial unlock, but should be fine for some. This particular software should also be good for iPhone 4S users who don’t mind being stuck to a single mobile carrier, or any other advanced task for that matter.
3. iJailbreakTool – This app can easily be downloaded and installed on your iPhone by even the tech-illiterate. Rooting and installing the kernel may take over 5 minutes to do with this software, but it is to ensure a complete jailbreak that even allows the use of a SIM card.
Should you decide to jailbreak your iOS device, these jailbreak programs should help you do so without much of a headache. These particular apps were chosen because of their features, ease of use, and the time it takes to jailbreak your iOS device, and included customer support. With these choices in mind, you should be on your way to jailbreak your iPhone 4S in no time at all.